Sunday, December 09, 2007

Clear

My friend Sarah Gillam has a site specific exhibition on in the Women's Library London.

'Clear' is composed of site-specific, temporary drawing installation celebrating the history of The Women’s Library building on the site of a Victorian washhouse. Original architectural plans and archival photos inspire drawings made directly onto walls around the building by the artist.

Its free admission and closes on the 21st of Dec. I saw the opening but it was great to see it again on Friday. It was a less hurried viewing and I was able to appreciate the history behind it more.

We went for a curry off Brick Lane afterwards passing the Whitechapel Bell Foundary - 500 years old and a sign on the door welcoming browsers 'no obiligation to buy' I wonder how much a bell costs to commission?

We also saw a video art exhbition which had some quite interesting pieces in it but can't for the life of me remember the gallery name.

No comments: