Friday, November 09, 2007

good stuff

Article about the Magnum Photographers collective at the Independent.

Buying Green Jasmine Tea at the Chinese Supermarket on Leith Walk - 65 p for 20 tea bags.

Taking Lomos of the new rash of graffiti down the walk - 'I got you flowers but you wanted chocolates'

Meeting H for coffee and thrashing out what is it that we really want, being scared (One of the graffiti's is 'Don't be Afraid'). I realise I've been aiming low in order to avoid disappointment. Hey I'm human its ok.

I'm back in the warm embrace of the City of Edinburgh Library System. I've paid off my £14.35 in fines and now have - gasp- taken out books! Oh the joy of new books.

Challenge yourself

Do something nearly every day ( every day if possible )that you love doing - walking through the city taking photos is mine.

Buy the little luxury which adds to your life, green jasmine teabags, library books what ever that is for you.

Think about what you really want to achieve and make baby steps towards it. Write your goals somewhere you can see them. I find I keep on forgetting them in the melee of every day life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Buy the little luxury which adds to your life, green jasmine teabags, library books what ever that is for you." ...or, perhaps, postcards with Scottish poems on the front for a mailman-stalking wildwoman in the hills of North Carolina!!! You've no idea how magical your postcards o' poetry have been for me - many, many thanks! My oldest, Emma, did a school project about Scotland a few years ago and has not stopped talking since about visiting - I think now that I must accompany her. Many thanks for so brightening my days! love, patti