Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mixed weekend.

Yesterday ill and in bed all day shivering. Tired and missed two potientially lovely social events as a result. Damn!

Today left house at 11am went up to Broughton St and decided to treat myself to brunch out. The first cafe I went to was packed to walked down the street found one almost empty. It was great ! I settled in with a cooked breakfast, cappachino, wrote postcards to my friends (they will be posted tomorrow look out in your post!), wrote in my journal, read and watched the world go by.

I came home, to find my mother directing my lodger to cut my hedge, she then started bossing me about the painted trim to my window sills.She thinks I should paint them white. I think I should make them striped to match my shed. After she left I shopped.

Anyway I feel much more energised to do the things I have to do after giving myself the gift of a parcel of pleasure just for myself. I find rewards don't work. The other way round does.

Other things I've noticed - on Thursday I had to meet someone I'd never met before (but corresponded with via email for many years) go to the next city, met a friend, then met two other friends in the evening went for a guided walk for an hour and a half then got the train back home another hour. I was home at 10 pm after intensely rushing about for over 12 hours. Then I rememberd my life before ME - my days were like this all the time.Boy have things changed.
Cool blog on doing things imperfectly here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Compromise on the sills, paint them in a complementary colour to your shed and then paint the bench in stripes (or spots - spots would look good).

You're right too, sometimes we need the reward before the work otherwise we'd never get anything done...glad you had a great parcel of me time.

Anonymous said...

ahhh my mind was turning towards spots as well.She is bringing the outside paint catalogue on thursday when we visit elderly rellie in old age home.

meanwhile am about to email regarding a job... one of the things I've been putting off - wish me luck