Saturday, May 19, 2007

from 'The Dreamer'

'It's not so much whether you should or should not sell spirituality, you simply can't. You cannot buy your spirituality from me or anyone else. I cannot sell you knowledge of your soul's deepest longing, an experience of your innately compassionate nature, or a connection to something later than you because I don't have your knowledge, your experience, or your connection to sell. All I can do when I am facilitating retreats is provide you with a sacred container - a place and some practices that will give you the opportunity to do the work of penning to your own knowledge, experience, and connection - and some stories that hopefully will inspire and encourage us all when we are lost or tired. I charge money for the time and energy it takes to do all of this so I can provide for myself and my family while I am doing it.'

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

No comments: