Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hermits & Termits

I was early for an appointment and took the opportunity to spend 15 mins exploring a part of Edinburgh which I never normally go to.

I went to St Leonard's at first attracted to seeing Salisbury Crags and Arthur's Seat ( I do find it amazing that there is such a large geological phenomenon right in the heart of our city). St Leonard's is also famous for being the polis station of Inspector Rebus! But what attracted me was going up close to Hemits and Termits a lovely 18th Centuary Villa which is surrounded by flats and tenements - it seems to have been forgotten and over looked. I took some photographs and for the first time saw that in front there was a monument to the Battle of Waterloo. See what you miss in a car or bus? Then I caught my breath for 5 mins on a thoughtfully placed bench before going on with my day.

No comments: