Sunday, February 25, 2007

Habit breaking

One of the problems I find is that I get in a rut. Its very easy to do. Suddenly one realises that you're making the same 4 recipes over and over again. You see the same friends over and over again. You travel the same routes and life seems 'blah'.

I'm deliberately trying to change my habits. Somethings are small change my seat, move around the room. Somethings big - change my thought habits 'maybe it will work out'.

On Friday I got a different buses to and from work. I sat on the top deck - I normally sit at the bottom. I got a totally new perspective on the journey. I was able to look down into the woods, get new vistas. On the journey home I was 'entertained' by a delightful conversation by two young women - one complaining about being thrown out of her flat, consuming some compensation money on drugs, more complaining about being sent back to jail, and finally how she would just get some more money by stealing it. I'm beginning to understand how people become more right wing as they grow older. I'm also remembering while I usually sit on the lower deck! The upper deck used to be the smoking section of the bus. This was stopped in Edinburgh about 10 years ago but still has this residual air of being the undesirable part of the bus with the undesirable inhabitants....

Meanwhile go here Little Birds crafty blog via Andrea Scher.

Arvon Foundation has a new programme out. Fantastic courses for beginner writers also poetry, biography, crime, lit novel, sci fi, cookery, screenwriting (Film, TV , Radio) playwriting, and all in gorgeous places. Generous bursaries for those in need.

HKhandknit a great shop in Bruntsfield Edinburgh for the knitter.

No comments: