Thursday, July 13, 2006

Nothing Bad Can Ever Happen at Liberty's

I've got an adorable early 20's model assistant, she's bright, well accessorised and after uttering the immortal phrase above I can see will go far in life. She even might attain the nirvana of 'Being Lovely' which is the ambition of a great friend of mine's goddaughter. I'm afraid that 'Being Lovely' is probably out of my reach now but I'm delighted to see that others can obtain it.

Hope to have a flying visit to Liberty's this weekend, in between, going to a phd begetting party, catch up with friends and go and see this play. Written my my mother's friend's mother. Julia Britten took up playwriting in her 70's and now at 92 is Australia's most performed playwright. How about that as a role model. Rock on Julia!

2 comments:

hendrix said...

No M, it's never too late to attain the status of "being lovely". being lovely is the state of mind you have when you know that someone else is taking care of all those minor little day to day irritations; like earning a living, childcare, food shopping, cooking, housework, annoying people who you usually have to deal with. Alternatively the being lovely state of mind can be reached by buggering off elsewhere for a weekend and leaving it all go hang. I reckon you've got a perfect opportunity to practice this weekend. Have a "lovely" time.

Catherine said...

Role model indeed. It always annoys me when I read of someone who started writing poetry "realtively late" - at the ripe old age of almost 30! as I read in a review somewhere recently.