Friday, February 03, 2006

What to say...

January has been so busy and up and down. One minute I've been in full grieving mode for a creative project that looked dead in the water (actually a whole weekend). I was practiceing putting myself together and reminding myself 'I am not my projects, my projects are not me, I am worthy without them'. Finding out how much Abba compliation CD's help the process - have you heard the lyrics?
What's the name of game?
Does it mean anything?
You can change your mind.
Take a chance on me - thats all I ask.
and of course

I had a dream - a song to sing...
very appropriate to a frustrated creative!

I got myself back on my feet - then got a phonecall from NY saying another film of mine is being shown at the Red Shift Festival. So I've been dashing about trying to get things sent off for that. I got a mysteriously large amount of money credited to my account (turns out to be a tax refund) which I'm squandering on a ticket to NY - I've always wanted to go. If anyone still reads this blog and has stayed in a nice hostel in NY and can let me know the address I'd be very grateful.

Then I got feedback on the application for the dead-in-the-water project. Turns out they thought it too long 'no problem'! and advise us to apply again (which producer and I thought we couldn't) so that's back as a possibility.

Work for money has been crazy... I've got new people to 'look after'.

Hummm what else...wish we could have parades and cards for just keeping going in life. It amazes me what a struggle it is. Not just the dealing with the big stuff derailed projects, but the blocked sink, producing decent food from scratch, exercising.

I took out my camera this morning and took photos of the mist on the park time to breathe be here now. I took photos on the hell commute in as well. Not enough photos of commuters taken.

Also saw many good films recently Jarhead twice - excellent and much better than Sam Mendes other films. I've ordered the book from the library.

Cock & Bull Story - great fun and excrciatingly funny for anyone whose spent time on a film set.

Brokeback Mountain - usually when a film gets rave reviews I go and am highly disappointed this exceeded expectations. Not a note out of place. I'm going again to see if it was as good as I remember it.

No comments: