Friday, December 09, 2005

Embracing what is

I stood at the bus stop this morning and realised it was still dark. We are rapidly reaching the shortest day. I'm not good at this dark stuff. I want to go and hide in a cave (sofa) knit and talk to kittens. My capacity for doing stuff plummets. I spend a lot of time fighting the urge to hibernate. I decided this week I wouldn't I would accept that this is the way it is at this time of year. Get through the last few weeks before the holidays and lo! I immediately felt much better less frazzled and overwhelmed. I began to enjoy the thought of christmassy things like visiting the German market in town.

Instead of railing and fighting a situation you can't change, the weather, co-workers, crazed christmas behaviour, accept it - it frees up energy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel the same way! Glad the Solstice is coming up and the return, albeit slowly, of the light.