Monday, October 31, 2005

cough cough

Sometimes you just have to put your foot in front of you one at a time and ignore the big picture.

Not been a good few days.

Cough cold thing seems to get better but then I get felled by excruciating tiredness. Ah and the coughing fits whenever I exercise or move from one atmosphere to another...

A very dear friendship of mine going back to university days might be over.

I've been adjusting to a new job with a long commute and an early start.

The clocks have changed! Winter is coming!

Yesterday I felt so overwhelmed. I could have happily crawled into a hole and hid there coughing away.

Not an option as I had to do two applications for this morning. After meeting my producer returning home at 11am and doing the next application I went to bed at 1.20am.

I know doesn't exactly sound like self care does it? But I cancelled a swimming date tonight. Promised myself to go to bed at a decent hour for the next week and rest properly next weekend. I also removed the anxiety about suspending my exercise programme until I get well. Just one thing at a time. And my big thing is getting better.

2 comments:

Tish said...

Ginger tea is good. Boil some ginger root for as long as you can, add cayenne, honey, lemon. It's good.
But rest is the best.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the great links as always.