Monday, May 30, 2005

quick links

For a laugh Huhcorp - though one of my friends says 'I work for them!'

I confessed to some friends that I'd never been to a concert by any kind of 'popular beat combo' so they took pity on me and invited me to the Rush Festival at the Roxy (aka Lady Genorchy's church - though why she had to have her own church was unclear....). I had a great time and learned about Out of the Bedroom a great idea which is an open mike event at the Waverly Pub on Thursdays encouraging people to take their music out in public. I was also really pleased when I spoke to one friend whose taking guitar lessons and I asked him why and he said that he realised that it was time to stop passively consuming music and become a music maker. He did a very good evening class over the winter through Edinburgh Council but realised that over the summer he didn't practice with as much intensity so he invested in private lessons. This is a good tip to keep you on track with any kind of creative endevour. If you have to check in with your from with a class then you keep up all the associated practice much easier than if you have no structure to hang it around.

No comments: